September 23, 2012

World T20: Glad to have this kind of evening, says Harbhajan


Colombo: Harbhajan Singh made a resounding comeback to international cricket with a four-wicket spell that spun India to a mammoth 90-run win over England at the ICC World Twenty20 on Sunday.
Harbhajan, who replaced R Ashwin in the dead Group A rubber, credited his stint with Essex in the English county for getting his rhythm back after a hard year

"I think it was important for me to bowl lots of overs because there was hardly any cricket in India after the IPL. I needed somewhere to go and play cricket. I am glad I made the right choice by playing county cricket. I thank Essex for providing me that chance," he said
The offspinner said it was tough to come back after the IPL, especially since he was dropped and broke down with injuries repeatedly.
"It's tough whenever you get dropped from the team. [It was a] Tough year. [I] got injured, played Ranji Trophy, got injured again. IPL wasn't that great for me. But I am glad to have come back and have this kind of evening. I will like to thank each and every one who supported me all the way. It's been a hard year and a half for me," Harbhajan said.
Harbhajan took 4 for 12 in his four-over spell against England to lead India's victory against the defending World Twenty20 champions.
Harbhajan, who has taken over 400 Test wickets but was dropped after India's back-to-back Test series debacle in England and Australia, dedicated his comeback to his mother and supporters. "This award is for my mom and those who have stuck with me," he said.
Along with Harbhajan, legspinner Piyush Chawla also made a successful comeback with a spell of 2 for 12 in the same match.

No comments:

Post a Comment