September 09, 2012

NFL NEWS






Bandaged nose and all, Patriots QB Tom Brady says, “I never mind a little blood” 

First things first. Patriots QB Tom Brady suffered a bloody nose when Titans pass-rusher Kamerion Wimbley sacked him early in the 34-13 beat-down here at LP Field. But I’m told that, upon first examination, that Brady did not break his nose. He’ll be reassessed tomorrow. But still, there he was (left) with a bandage on it during his post-game after an efficient 23 of 31 performance for 236 yards and two TDs. Brady quipped to me, “Guess it’s not the preseason anymore. That didn’t happen in the preseason.” He’s right. What I loved, though was his reaction. Lots of jokes… and some seriousness. Brady said, “I never mind a little blood.” The image he has is one thing, and heIan Rapoport

Bandaged nose and all, Patriots QB Tom Brady says, “I never mind a little blood”

First things first. Patriots QB Tom Brady suffered a bloody nose when Titans pass-rusherKamerion Wimbley sacked him early in the 34-13 beat-down here at LP Field. But I’m told that, upon first examination, that Brady did not break his nose. He’ll be reassessed tomorrow.

Patriots QB Tom Brady did his post-game news conference with a nifty bandage on his nose (Twitpic)But still, there he was (left) with a bandage on it during his post-game after an efficient 23 of 31 performance for 236 yards and two TDs. Brady quipped to me, “Guess it’s not the preseason anymore. That didn’t happen in the preseason.” He’s rig What I loved, though was his reaction. Lots of jokes… and some seriousness.Brady said, “I never mind a little blood.” The image he has is one thing, and he wasrocking shoes that seemed to be velvet (yikes). But that’s not who he is on the field. In reality, Brady likes this side of him, where he grits his teeth, bleeds, and goes on. I think he wants to show people that.
Not my usual look,” Brady said. “That was the only good (shot) I took. It’s always fun winning.
When it happened, it was quite a scene. Wimbley’s knee went into Brady’s face-mask, and the blood came gushing.
It was third down, they were in man-to-man, I called a play and got flushed (out of the pocket),” Brady explained. “I’m glad it wasn’t a strip sack. I felt the guy behind me, and I just hit the ground.”
On the sideline, trainers and doctors scurried, cramming his nose with those little paper towel things. Finally the bleeding was stopped, and Brady popped up. He began throwing, an easy indication he was going back in. Brady said he didn’t know what hit him — whether it was a knee, foot or what happened — and he didn’t seem too concerned.
What did he mean when he said he needed that? What he meant were “scars,” he clarified. OK, then. I’m sure GQ Magazine doesn’t approve, but maybe Gisele does.
Brady said he’d never had a broken nose in this life. “In a previous life? I’m not sure,” he joked.

No comments:

Post a Comment