September 23, 2012

Lady Gaga's 25-pound weight gain


Lady Gaga embraces fuller figure after 25-pound weight gain: 'I really don't feel bad about it, not even for a second' 

GAGA24F_3_WEB The pop singer, who is no stranger to controversy, turned quite a few heads this week after stepping out at her concert in Amsterdam Monday with a little more meat on her bones.

"I'm dieting right now, because I gained, like, 25 pounds," Gaga admitted to radio host Elvis Duran. "I really don't feel bad about it, not even for a second.
 "I have to be on such a strict diet constantly. It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."

The 26-year-old singer emphasized her much-larger frame in a selection of figure-hugging outfits in Paris this past weekend as she strutted through the city promoting her new fragrance, "Fame."




GAGA24F_5_WEBLady Gaga attends the 'Fame' Eau De Parfum Launch at Sephora Champs-Elysees on Sunday. (Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images for Sephora)

On Saturday night, the singer showed off a billowing blue-and-pink dress of sorts that magnified her figure, perhaps as a direct jab at reports about her figure.

And on Sunday, Mother Monster played up her hour-glass figure in a daring floor-length black gown.

GAGA24F_2_WEB"And thanks to my fans who love me no matter what, and know the meaning of real beauty&compassion. I really love you," she tweeted Saturday in a subtle nod to recent media backlash over her weight gain.

 In the interview with Duran, Gaga accredited her fuller figure to being a typical "New York Italian girl" and chowing down too often at her father's new restaurant, Joanne Trattoria.

"My father opened a restaurant. It's so amazing ... it's so freaking delicious, but I'm telling you I gain five pounds every time I go in there," she said. "So my dad wants me to eat at the restaurant, and I'm, like, I've got to go where I can drink green juice."

Back in February, Gaga opened up to Maria Shriver about having eating disorders when she was younger.

"I used to throw up all the time in high school," she told Shriver during a conference held in Los Angeles. "So I'm not that confident. I wanted to be a skinny little balleria, but I was a voluptuous little Italian girl whose dad had meatballs on the table every night.
GAGA24F_1_WEB
"I used to come home and say, 'Dad, why do you always give us this food? I need to be thin.' And he'd say, 'Eat your spaghetti.'"

Lady Gaga smokes a dutch cigarette as she talks openly of her use of cannabis on stage in Amsterdam. (Splash News/Splash News)

Now, however, the pop singer has moved beyond her insecurities, with the help of plenty of fans who showed their support for her on Twitter.

"To all the girls that think you're ugly because you're not a size 0, you're the beautiful one," Gaga shared a quote of inspiration on Twitter. "It's society who's ugly."



No comments:

Post a Comment